Roughly six months back I purchased a Stanley Mitre Box off eBay (buying these on eBay is a bit of a gamble, but it had basically all the parts and was the size box I wanted, so I took a shot). I didn’t get around to restoring it until recently, but now it’s up and running and I couldn’t be happier with it. In any event, I’ll let the pictures do the bulk of the talking… enjoy.
After disassembling the entire box, every piece of metal was submerged in Evapo-Rust for 24 hours. This stuff works better than any other rust remover I’ve tried. You can read more about it here. The wooden deck was also replaced with some quartersawn Sapele I had left over from another project. The Beech handle was stripped down and refinished with Watco oil.
Thanks for reading and have a great day.